Terms & Conditions - MAXATHON
ORGANIZATION OF THE COMPETITION
The company BeMyApp, a French company with a capital of 1.250,00 euros, whose registered office is located 18 Boulevard Michelet, 13008 Marseille, France - company registration number B 523 824 258 (Marseille RCS) - is organizing on behalf of the company Maxonrow, a BVIcompany, whose registered office is located at Vistra Corporate Services Centre, Wickhams Cay II, Road Town, Tortola, VG 1110, British Virgin Islands (hereafter referred to, collectively, as “Organizer”) an online hackathon called “MAXATHON” (hereafter referred to as “Competition”) from September 5, 2020 to October 3, 2020.
OBJECTIVE OF THE COMPETITION
The aim of the competition is to develop, in teams and over a limited amount of time, an innovative solution around the topic: Blockchain.
The Competition is free and without any purchase obligation. The Competition is open to all individuals (i) who have the age required by law in their country of residence to enter this competition, (ii) who hold a bank account in their country of tax residence, (iii) who have IT skills, technical skills, design skills, or marketing skills and (iv) who have their own computer hardware in working order throughout the duration of the Competition (hereafter referred to as “Participants”).
Employees of Maxonrow and BeMyApp and/or their affiliates, and members of their families, as well as anyone who has directly or indirectly contributed to the conception, organization or realization of the Competition, are ineligible to take part in the Competition.
The registration for the Competition is open from July 10, 2020 until September 30, 2020, 11:59 pm(CET). The hackathon will take place from September 5, 2020 until October 3, 2020.
Each registration in the hackathon is individual, and only one registration per person is allowed during the entire duration of the Competition.This is an online hackathon and you can participate from anywhere.
- Phase 1: Registration process
- Date: From July 10, 2020 to September 30, 2020
- Object: Every person wishing to participate can register online on the dedicated website for the Competition accessible at the following address: hackathon.maxonrow.com. Registrants must provide the following information: last name, first name, date of birth, address, phone number, email and their profile for the purpose of the Competition, as suggested on the website. This information is required for the completion of their application.
Each candidate guarantees that the information entered during his/her application to the Competition is complete and accurate. Any false, incorrect or incomplete information will automatically result in the application being rejected.
The Organizer reserves the right to reject an application at any time if the profile of the Participant does not comply with the Competition standards.
- Phase 2: Beginning of the Competition
- Date: On September 3, 2020 at 01:00 pm (CET)
- Platform website address: hackathon.maxonrow.com/platform
- Object: On the challenge platform, Participants will attend an Opening Live Conference. They will be introduced to the challenges and the Mentors.
- Phase 3: Start of work on the projects
- Date: From September 3, 2020 until September 30, 2020 at 11:59 pm (CET)
- Platform website address: hackathon.maxonrow.com/platform
- Object: Participants will form teams of two (2) to six (6) Participants to focus around a single project of developing a prototype (hereafter referred to as “Teams”). A Participant cannot be a part of more than one Team. Teams will have until September 3, 2020 at 11:59 pm (CET) to develop their prototype, create and submit their project page on the challenge platform. One mission: creating a solution that will make innovative use of the Maxonrow SDK.
- Phase 4: Selection of the finalists
- Date: From October 1, 2020 to October 2, 2020
- Object: The Organiser will review the Participants’ project pages and select up to twenty (20) Teams. The results from the finalists selection will be announced by email to the email address indicated by the Participant, and on the challenge platform. The selected Teams will be invited to Phase 5 of the Competition. For those not selected, the Competition will end.
- Phase 5: Evaluation and presentation of the prototype
- Date: On October 3, 2020 at 01:00 pm (CET)
- Object: Via a web conferencing tool, each Team will present its prototype to the jury for a duration which will not exceed 5 minutes, including 3 minutes of demo and 2 minutes of questions/answers with the jury.
- Phase 6: Jury’s selection and Competition results
- Date: On October 3, 2020
- Platform website address: hackathon.maxonrow.com/platform
- Object: Jury’s deliberation and announcement of winners and prizes via the platform.
DETERMINATION OF WINNERS
The five (5) winning Teams will be determined by a jury of 5 to 8 members representing Maxonrow and other professionals. The composition of the jury will be communicated to the Participants at the latest on October 3, 2020. The jury will designate the winners on October 3, 2020 near 05:00 pm (CET).
- The winners will be selected from among the Participants who actually:
- Satisfy the conditions for participation as set forth in the present rules.
- Participated in the Hackathon session.
- Were present via the web conferencing tool during the submission of their prototype on October 3, 2020, or – if need be – were excused by the other members of their Team.
- The jury will select the winning Teams based on the following criteria:
- 1) Innovation
- 2) Business plan
- 3) UI/UX interface/Aesthetics
- 4) Quality of prototype
Jury decisions are final and cannot be challenged.
- The Competition is endowed with five (5) prizes; one (1) prize in each Challenge Track (Challenge Tracks: Governance, Education, Healthcare):
- Geolocation Challenge prize: the sum of €3,000 (divided equally between each member of the winning team).
- Credential Challenge prize: the sum of €3,000 (divided equally between each member of the winning team).
- Welfare Challenge prize: the sum of €3,000 (divided equally between each member of the winning team).
- Social Networking Challenge prize: the sum of €3,000 (divided equally between each member of the winning team).
- UI/UX Challenge prize: the sum of €3,000 (divided equally between each member of the winning team).
The gained prizes are neither exchangeable nor refundable against their cash value. BeMyApp reserves the right, if circumstances so require, to replace the prizes with others of equivalent value, without liability being incurred thereby.
An incubation program might be offered to the winning Teams to further develop the prototype. If an incubation program is offered by Maxonrow, the terms of this agreement will be settled amongst the teams and the Organizer after the Competition has concluded.
Prizes will be sent by BeMyApp to the winners within a maximum of four (4) months, to the address indicated by the winners.
If the address of a winner is unusable (illegible, incomplete, or erroneous), the latter will lose the profit of its prize.
In addition, the Organizer cannot be held liable because of an error of routing of the prize, the loss of the prize during shipment, or inability to contact the winner.
No mail will be sent to Participants who did not win.
The participant waives all of his/her claims regarding compensation against the Organizer due to his/her participation in the Competition.
MODIFICATION, INTERRUPTION AND TERMINATION OF THE COMPETITION
The Organizer reserves the right to shorten, extend, modify or terminate the Competition, or a part of the Competition, as a result of a force majeure event without incurring liability as a result thereof.
In such case, the Organizer will provide notice thereof to the Participants by any means of its choice (including email and/or publication on the Website), and, if the need arises, will communicate to the Participants the new rules applicable or the new ending date of the Competition, as the case may be. Each Participant may notify the Organizer by email that s/he refuses the new conditions of the Rules, in which case s/he will be excluded from participating, which s/he expressly accepts. If no refusal is communicated to the Organizer within 72 hours, the new conditions of the Rules will be deemed to have been accepted by Participants.
In case of a modification to the Rules, cancellation or interruption of the Competition, or a reduction or an extension of its length, the Organizer waives all liability and Participants will not be entitled to any compensation.
The Organizer may cancel all or part of participation in the Competition if it appears that fraud has occurred in any form whatsoever, in particular computer fraud, during the Competition. The Organizer reserves, in this case, the right not to award prizes to fraudsters, to disqualify the concerned prototype project and/or to bring actions against the authors of these frauds. The Organizer shall not incur any responsibility towards the Participants because of the committed frauds.
Furthermore, the Organizer cannot be liable in case of damage, whether material or immaterial, caused during the Competition and thereafter, to the Participants, to their computing equipment, or to the data, including consequences which may ensue from it on their personal, professional or commercial activity.
EXPLOITATION RIGHTS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Exploitation and property rights to prototypes developed during the Competition are reserved for Participants. The Participants acknowledge and agree that Maxonrow or other participants or third parties may have developed or commissioned ideas, works or results which are similar to the entry of the participant's team, or may develop something similar in the future. Each participant waives any claims that participants may have against Maxonrow resulting from any similarities to the entry of the participant’s team. The Participants acknowledge and agree that Maxonrow does not have now, nor shall they have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright or other intellectual property right in or to the participants’ application.
The Participants will receive access to certain proprietary software, APIs, or other copyrighted materials or both, including pictorial, audio, video or audio-visual content or both (“Organizer Materials”) owned by Organizer, and must comply with all license terms associated with such Organizer Materials.
If the Participants wish to assign their rights, they shall first offer to the Organizer the option to acquire the rights in their prototypes for commercial use. The conditions of this assignment of rights shall be defined by way of a separate agreement between the Organizer and the Participants.
During the Competition, the Participants shall only use elements that are clear of any rights. Any third-party elements included in the prototype, including open-source software, must be clearly identified with their version, the terms of the applicable license, and any other details regarding their use. The Participant understands that this information is taken into account in the assessment for the allocation of a prize.
The prototypes shall not infringe on any intellectual property right or images right. Each Participant warrants to the Organizer that their creation does not infringe in any way any third-party rights, and that s/he obtained, where necessary, the authorization of any third party.
By joining the Competition, Participants expressly authorize the Organizer, for free, to publish, communicate, exhibit, and disclose orally, graphically or in writing, projects and prototypes presented during the Competition. Each Participant agrees to be mediatized (portfolio, website, etc.) and authorizes the Organizer, for free, to present all the works realized on all the communication media used in support of this Competition as well as to mention names, first names, and images of the Participants.
Under this regulation, the Participant shall not acquire any full or partial right of any kind on the name and trademark “Maxonrow” nor on any names and/or brands associated with Maxonrow, used alone, in association with or as part of another word or name, or any rights on trademarks, names or logos of Maxonrow, or any of its associated or related companies.
Participants may be recorded during the event. By joining the Competition, the Participants agree to the use and the distribution of their image by the Organizer, including for promotional events occurring after the Competition. The production and distribution of films and photographs of the event will not lead to any compensation of the Participants.
The Participant acknowledges the confidentiality of all information and documents which have been shared with him/her throughout the Competition.
During the whole duration of the Competition, the Participant will not directly or indirectly use or share any information with any third party, unless s/he has obtained a written authorization to do so, delivered by the Organizer beforehand. This applies to information shared with him/her by the Organizer or shared with him/her indirectly upon the execution of this contract.
The Participant commits to delivering any document containing confidential information or shared with the Participant upon the execution of this contract, on the Organizer’s simple request. This confidentiality agreement is valid for 24 months from the start of the Second Phase mentioned in this contract.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The collection and processing of personal data relating to the Participant by the Organizer is primarily intended to ensure that the Competition will be properly completed and in particular to allow the Organizer to contact the winner and to award them prizes in an efficient way and, if the case arises, to publish the list of the winners.
Participants have the right to access, update and/or obtain deletion of their data by requesting directly to BeMyApp at the address 86 rue de Charonne, 75011 Paris or by going to data.bemyapp.com.
BeMyApp reminds Participants about the characteristics, limitations and risks of the Internet network and accepts no responsibility for any consequences that may occur while they are connected to the event websites and during their participation in the Competition.
BeMyApp shall not be made responsible if Participants cannot connect to the website of the event due to a technical fault or in the event of any problem linked namely and not exclusively to (1) network overload ; (2) an electric or human error (3) any malicious intervention ; (4) a issue related to a phone line ; (5) an issue related to hardware or software ; (6) a hardware or software malfunction ; (7) a case of emergency ; (8) disruptions that may affect the smooth running of the Competition.
It is the Participant’s responsibility to take appropriate measures to protect his/her own data and/or software located on his/her computer equipment, against any violation. The Participant’s connection to the event websites and their participation in the Competition is made under their own sole responsibility. BeMyApp shall not be held responsible for any infection by potential viruses on the Participant’s computer equipment, or of the intrusion of a third party on their system.
BeMyApp shall not be held responsible if, for any reason, data related to a Participant’s registration doesn’t reach the company or is illegible or impossible to process.
BeMyApp and the Organizer reserve the right to exclude any Participant or person disrupting the Competition’s smooth running. They reserve the right to use any recourse, including suing anyone suspected of cheating, falsifying, or disrupting the process described in the Terms and Conditions, or suspected of trying to accomplish such actions. Any Participant deemed by the Organizer or by BeMyApp to have disrupted the Competition in any of the ways stated above, will be deprived of the right to obtain any prize, and no claim will be accepted consequently.
Participants remain solely and entirely responsible for the damages caused by them or their equipment to goods or people during the competition. They seek to cover their risks by their own insurance and renounce any right to resort to the Organizer or BeMyApp in that respect.
APPLICATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This document is accessible on the event website hackathon.maxonrow.com during the full duration of the Competition.
Participation in the Competition implies full acceptance without reservation of the present regulation. Participation in the Competition is strictly personal and the Participant cannot, under any circumstances, be replaced. Any claim relating to the Competition will be barred after the period of 6 (six) months from the deadline for participation stipulated in Article 1.
The T&Cs and any contractual and non-contractual disputes in connection with them shall be governed by, construed and take effect in accordance with BVI law. Any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Terms and Conditions shall be brought to an amicable settlement.
In case of failure to reach an amicable settlement, any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Maxathon, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the AIAC Arbitration Rules.